Unexpected Disconnect Message to NAS

Vladimir Cvetic vcvetic.vc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 16:37:07 CET 2019

Hi Alan,

Thanks again.
I checked the NAS. The NAS is sending Acct-Status-Type = Interim-Update
packets every 60 seconds and also the radacct table being updated
continuously.
But I can't see freeradius sending disconnect packets to the NAS.

Does the login-time actually enforces disconnects or does it only check if
the user is allowed to login at the time specified?
Do I have to add the session-timeout value as an attribute to the
reply-message? If yes, how.
In case the NAS is ignoring the session-timeout value I'd need to
disconnect from the freeradius side like I did for the max-daily-session?

I have the impression that my freeradius is not sending any disconnect
messages at all if I don't force to do so. Should rlm_sqlcounter force
disconnects as well?

Sorry, for starting beginner's questions now. I'm totally confused.

Vlad