More detailed login failures on linelog

R3DNano r3dnano at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 09:24:31 CET 2019

I tried with this in the inner-tunnel server post-auth section:

  Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
                # log failed authentications in SQL, too.
                -sql
                attr_filter.access_reject

                #
                #  Let the outer session know which module failed, and why.
                #
                update outer.session-state {
                        &Module-Failure-Message :=
&request:Module-Failure-Message
                }
                update outer.session-state {
                        &User-Name := &User-Name

Regardless, it does show me the output of the eap module, instead of the
pap module which is the one that has that detail I need "password does not
match "known good" password"
The other option you mention is ulang: Where? in the pap module? and
finally you mention patching the code, which is a bit out of my league :)

Cheers