problem configuring FreeRadius to use LDAP as backend

Rong Wang rzwang at scu.edu
Thu Feb 21 16:45:10 CET 2019

I am trying to setup FreeRadius 3.0.17 to use LDAP as backend. My
FreeRadius is running on an OpenSuse server. I have configured
/etc/raddb/mods-available/ldap with the LDAP service account information.
After I uncommented the line "Auth-Type LDAP {ldap}" in
/etc/raddb/sites-available/default, I tried to start the radius service
with "./radiusd -X", but got the following error message:
" server default { # from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[528]: Failed to find "ldap" as a module or
policy.
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[528]: Please verify that the configuration
exists in /etc/raddb/mods-enabled/ldap.
/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default[528]: Failed to parse "ldap" entry.

I searched on the Internet, but couldn't find freeradius-ldap for OpenSuse.
I found lrm-ldap for FreeRadius 3.0.15, but not 3.0.17. Could anyone do me
a favor help me out?

Thank you!

Rong Wang