How mitigate mac spoofing in mab

arjun sharma arjuniet.28 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 18:03:17 CET 2019

hi ,
This is a very basic thing that can be handled with some efforts :-

When you are not in position to use 802.1x ( which is also not a vulernable
proof to spoofing attacks ) . Use MAB  as a auth mechanism but dont make it
a requirement to authentication but not the only condition to authenticate
. After MAB success you have to use upper layer to mitigate the Mac
spoofing,  use MOD_AUTH_RADIUS https://freeradius.org/sub_projects/ . (
link to the mod )

Now you can use  apache ( webserver as radius client )  now bind certain
vulernable  easy to spoof parametres  to cookies and sent it as cookies to
the browser this way your mab can be authenticated in itself . i.e..
consider only the clients with this cookies as the authentic  holder of
that mac . This will helo you

By using simultaneous use and all  you will find yourself in trouble  while
implementing roaming (  i faced it )