Failed binding to acct address * port 1812 bound to server eduroam: Address already in use

Hans-Christian Esperer hc at hcesperer.org
Wed Jan 9 17:43:24 CET 2019

> There is no any Freeradius instance running when I entered freeradius -X command.
> I checked it by ps -aux | grep radius.

You could also do "sudo netstat -tulpen" if you're on linux or sockstat -l on
freebsd to see what other process has this port open.

It could also be that something crashed and the OS has not yet "garbage
collected" that port, so maybe try waiting a few minutes and then try again if
the netstat command doesn't show anything..

Cheers,
 HC