Failed binding to acct address * port 1812 bound to server eduroam: Address already in use

Tal Nur nurtal at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 19:34:30 CET 2019

 Hi
I did netstat -tulpen, no any process was listening on port 1812. In general, how to run two or more virtual Radius servers on one machine?Must they listen on different ports?
Best, Nurtal

    On Wednesday, January 9, 2019, 11:43:36 AM EST, Hans-Christian Esperer <hc at hcesperer.org> wrote:

 > There is no any Freeradius instance running when I entered freeradius -X command.
> I checked it by ps -aux | grep radius.

You could also do "sudo netstat -tulpen" if you're on linux or sockstat -l on
freebsd to see what other process has this port open.

It could also be that something crashed and the OS has not yet "garbage
collected" that port, so maybe try waiting a few minutes and then try again if
the netstat command doesn't show anything..

Cheers,
 HC
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html