Failed binding to acct address * port 1812 bound to server eduroam: Address already in use

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:01:18 CET 2019

hi,

if another daemon isnt already running (ps aux | grep radius  , or netstat
-apn | grep 1812 ) then its likely that you have 2 virtual servers
configured to listen to
the port 1812.

if so, remove the listen section from the eg eduroam VS...  (what is the
purpose of this VS - is it for requests coming from the national proxy?? if
so, then simply
set server = eduroam  for those clients in clients.conf and the request
will go into that VS

alan