NTLMv1 security issue

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 21 14:25:17 CET 2019

On Jan 21, 2019, at 7:59 AM, Roberto Ricci <robertoricci1 at msn.com> wrote:
> What I’m trying to achieve is to let people connect to the WIFI network with credentials stored in our AD. The new SAMBA server for “public” access is a good idea and seems to be the only way to achieve my goal in a reasonable secure and clean way. Can you confirm this last sentence?

  That's what I said.  I'm not sure why reconfirming it helps.

> Is this the only way to do WIFI access with AD in a secure and clean way? Are there other possibilities to do this?

  <sigh>  We recommend the best way, or sometimes the ONLY way of doing things.  If you don't like the answers you get on this list, use Google.

  Asking the same question repeatedly comes across like you think we're either lying, or you that don't trust us.  It's unfriendly.