NTLMv1 security issue

Roberto Ricci robertoricci1 at msn.com
Mon Jan 21 15:57:29 CET 2019

> Il giorno 21 gen 2019, alle ore 14:25, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> ha scritto:
>
> On Jan 21, 2019, at 7:59 AM, Roberto Ricci <robertoricci1 at msn.com> wrote:
>> What I’m trying to achieve is to let people connect to the WIFI network with credentials stored in our AD. The new SAMBA server for “public” access is a good idea and seems to be the only way to achieve my goal in a reasonable secure and clean way. Can you confirm this last sentence?
>
>  That's what I said.  I'm not sure why reconfirming it helps.
>
>> Is this the only way to do WIFI access with AD in a secure and clean way? Are there other possibilities to do this?
>
>  <sigh>  We recommend the best way, or sometimes the ONLY way of doing things.  If you don't like the answers you get on this list, use Google.
>
>  Asking the same question repeatedly comes across like you think we're either lying, or you that don't trust us.  It's unfriendly.
>
>  Alan DeKok.

I don’t want to be unfriendly and I trust you. I appreciate your help. In my first message I explained that “I’m trying to set up a FreeRADIUS server for authentication against Active Directory”. In my last message I wanted to explain in a better way what I’m trying to do so I said “What I’m trying to achieve is to let people connect to the WIFI network with credentials stored in our AD”. It’s not the same question. So, I explained my real problem and I want to be sure that I’m doing it the right way.