NTLMv1 security issue

Roberto Ricci robertoricci1 at msn.com
Mon Jan 21 18:03:59 CET 2019

> Il giorno 21 gen 2019, alle ore 16:22, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> ha scritto:
>
> On Jan 21, 2019, at 9:57 AM, Roberto Ricci <robertoricci1 at msn.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don’t want to be unfriendly and I trust you. I appreciate your help. In my first message I explained that “I’m trying to set up a FreeRADIUS server for authentication against Active Directory”. In my last message I wanted to explain in a better way what I’m trying to do so I said “What I’m trying to achieve is to let people connect to the WIFI network with credentials stored in our AD”. It’s not the same question.
>
>  Well, it is the same question.  Because as soon as you say "Active Directory", there's really only one way to use it.
>
>  And this should be a hint that asking the *right* question at the start is the preferred approach.
>
>  Alan DeKok.
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

So the answer to my second question is “As soon as you say “Active Directory”, there’s really only one way to use it.”. That’s what I wanted from the second question. It was so simple. The two questions were not the same, now I have a new information. Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. Have a nice day.