Problem with python module

Jorge Pereira jpereira at freeradius.org
Mon Jul 15 20:09:04 CEST 2019

Hi Denis,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 10:52 AM Denis Shipilov <shipilovds at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello! Is there someone who can help me? Radiusd starting failed, google
> can not help me.
> FreeRADIUS Version 3.0.13

It's an old-version! Feel free to upgrade it to the latest 3.0.19 using the
official packages from http://packages.networkradius.com

> Centos 7.6.1810
>
> radiusd -X output:

> Debugger not attached
> radiusd: #### Instantiating modules ####
>  modules {
>   # Loaded module rlm_python
>   python {
> <internal>[73]: Reference "${.module}" not found
> /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[73]: Failed expanding variable mod_instantiate
> /etc/raddb/radiusd.conf[73]: Invalid configuration for module "python"
>

> radiusd.conf:

So, you're missing the "module" config field as can be seen here
https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/raddb/mods-available/python#L34
in
this case, it should be filled with your myscript.py name. eg: module =
"myscript"