Please tell me about rewrite_called_station_id.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jul 19 13:01:13 CEST 2019

On Jul 19, 2019, at 4:26 AM, Yuya Yanagi <peacefull64 at gmail.com> wrote:
> The description of rewrite_called_station_id was written to the
> authorize section of sites-available / default and sites-available /
> inner-tunnel to obtain
> a Called-Station-SSID to control the approval process.

  Yes, we know that.

> However, although the default file side could obtain the value of
> Called-Station-SSID,
> the process of rewrite_called_station_id became FALSE in the internal
> tunnel file, and the value of Called-Station-SSID could not be
> obtained.

   Because there's no Calling-Station-Id in the inner tunnel.  Reading the debug output will tell you this.

> Since I am using EAP-TTLS authentication, I want to set the inner
> tunnel to branch control, but I can not use it.

  You can use &outer.request:Called-Station-SSID to look up the value of the Called-Station-SSID attribute from the "inner-tunnel" virtual server.

  See "man unlang" for documentation on this.

> If you have any advice, please let me know.
>
> y.y

> Fri Jul 19 15:52:16 2019 : Debug: (0) Using Post-Auth-Type Challenge

  See http://wiki.freeradius.org/list-help

  DO use "-X".  DON'T use "-Xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

  That advice is in all of the documentation, and is posted to the list weekly, if not daily.  Follow the documentation,