Linelog module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 22 12:58:50 CEST 2019

On Jul 22, 2019, at 4:20 AM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have created a link for linelog module on mods-enabled and i have
> commented on the detail module on accounting section on default file and
> enabled the linelog module like this:
> When i start freeradius server and i begin sending aaccounting requests
> from my NAS i didn't get any log file and i have this error message:
>
> (8) # Executing section accounting from file
> /opt/freeradius/v.3.0.19/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
> (8)   accounting {
> (8) linelog: EXPAND messages.%{%{reply:Packet-Type}:-default}
> (8) linelog:    --> messages.0
> (8) linelog: No such entry ".messages.0"

  Some amount of paying attention would be useful.

  When the accounting section is being run, there is no reply:Packet-Type yet.  The server just received the request.  There is only a request:Packet-Type.

  Plus, why are you logging the *reply* when the server just received a request?  I'm presuming that you want to log the *request*.  In which case, *reading* the configuration would be useful.

  Plus, the only kind of reply to an Accounting-Request packet is an Accounting-Response packet.