rlm_ldap: How to filter based on specific attributes?

Mathieu Simon (Lists) matsimon.lists at simweb.ch
Thu Jul 25 20:07:10 CEST 2019

Hi Alan

Concerning the LDAP module in v3:
>  The LDAP module is designed to have attributes at the user level,
> not the group level.
That is somewhat sad to read but you confirmed what I feared based on my
previous research. Now I know that I don't need to bang my head against
a solid door. ;-)

The current way I'm exploring (on low priority) is either using
rlm_python as the vendor provides some Python libraries that mostly ease
things up how to integrated with his OpenLDAP and schema extensions.

In another case using rlm_exec using mods-available/echo or exec might
be possible in order to run additional checks that are not doable with
unlang yet.

Am 24.07.2019 um 13:31 schrieb Alan DeKok:
> On Jul 23, 2019, at 3:37 AM, Mathieu Simon (Lists) <matsimon.lists at simweb.ch> wrote:
>>>  It should be listed in "man unlang".  And in doc/unlang/map.adoc
>> OK, neither is present yet, but as you mentioned: v4 is WiP, I hope to
>> give a look at v4, I can't promise providing docs but I'd like to if
>> time allows.
>
>   https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/blob/master/doc/unlang/map.adoc
>
>   We're working on adding "map" documentation for each module.
Sweet, much appreciated.

-- Mathieu