MSCHAP Issues

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 29 20:32:27 CEST 2019

On Jul 29, 2019, at 2:12 PM, J Kephart <jkephart at safetynetaccess.com> wrote:

> Yes, sir, we are.  That's the MAC that was sent in the failed access-request debug output.  And that is what I am desperately trying to figure out -- what that "something else" could be.

  Did you try using different users?  i.e. creating a "test' user in the DB, and sending test packets via radclient?

  Unfortunately we don't have access to your systems, so we can't give detailed advice.  The default configuration works, the default SQL queries work, etc.

  Maybe try spinning up a test system from scratch, and trying that.  It may be that your current system is broken, but a new system will work.

  As with most computer issues, just poking at one thing won't help.  You have to do experiments to see what works and what doesn't.  That will help you narrow down the scope of the problem.