MSCHAP Issues

J Kephart jkephart at safetynetaccess.com
Tue Jul 30 21:18:27 CEST 2019

On 7/29/19 2:32 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:

>    Did you try using different users?  i.e. creating a "test' user in the DB, and sending test packets via radclient?

Actually, yes, and the results were largely the same.  Oddly, though,
*some* transactions do succeed, with nothing we can see that's really
different -- except that FR can get data from the DB.

>    Unfortunately we don't have access to your systems, so we can't give detailed advice.  The default configuration works, the default SQL queries work, etc.

I know we went through a similar exercise on a previous -- **really
old**--version we were running.  Will you please send me, off the
list--the details of cost/hour to give you that level access? Perhaps
that might help, and move this along a tad faster.

>    Maybe try spinning up a test system from scratch, and trying that.  It may be that your current system is broken, but a new system will work.

We looked into that, but our IT guys have re-purposed our lab server due
to another high-visibility issue, and I simply don't have the resources
available to create a new instance right now.

>    As with most computer issues, just poking at one thing won't help.  You have to do experiments to see what works and what doesn't.  That will help you narrow down the scope of the problem.

Concur.  I am having the client disable a setting in the NAS that, I
believe, caused a similar problem on v2.2.8.  I hope it gives me a path
forward.

-- Jim