IPv6 Accounting + Volume Count

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Jun 2 14:50:52 CEST 2019

On Jun 2, 2019, at 7:15 AM, Srijan <srijan.333 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are on verge of deploying Dual Stack mode to customer, while testing we
> found client v6 data is not counting for volume count. Inserting it to new
> column for v6 octets like v4 in radacct table modifing dialup.conf file

  We recommend using version 3, not v2.

> will be fine as we need change lots of code to count user volume. Is there
> any way to add both & insert in existing column
> "acctinputoctets"/"acctoutputoctets".
>
> Acct-Input-Octets = 1892471418
> Acct-Output-Octets = 1567085180
> IPv6-Acct-Input-Octets = 539808892
> IPv6-Acct-Output-Octets = 712113623

  The IPv6-Acct attributes are vendor-specific, and not standard.  Which is why they're not used in the default schema.

  You can use the "expr" module to add attributes:

	if (IPv6-Acct-Input-Octets && Acct-Input-Octets ) {
		Acct-Input-Octets := "%{expr:%{Acct-Input-Octets } + %{IPv6-Acct-Input-Octets}}"
	}

  I think that will work in v2.