mschap - rlm_sql + winbind

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Wed Jun 5 13:13:05 CEST 2019

Hello,

I have set up the rlm_sql module, and it authenticates/authorises users
just fine, until it comes to  mschap the thing is, I have mschap pointed
to winbind and then to the samba AD domain - so in fails when user is
not found in the AD (and SQL users clearly aren't). In the same time I
had the experience of using mschap with rlm_sql but without winbind and
then it works fine too. So, can I have like BOTH rlm_sql and winbind to
authenticate users ? Preferably rlm_sql should come  first. I've read
the unlang mschap along with comments, but it's not clear to me how do I
do this.

Thanks.

Eugene.