Nested dynamic variable expansion at parse time

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jun 8 09:11:30 CEST 2019

On Jun 7, 2019, at 10:38 AM, Nitin sidhu <nitin.sidhu23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking at an easier way to add the same module name to multiple
> sections in a virtual server.

  Just list the module name.  There's no need to wrap it in an expansion.  There's no need to put *module* configuration into a virtual server.

> Looking at the docs and the sql accounting
> section, I could see there is variable reference being used.

  For the *values* of variables.  i.e. "variable = value". The "value" can be expanded.  Not the "variable" part.

  There is no documentation or examples that shows the expansion of module names in a virtual server.

> I was thinking, if its possible, to create a variable with the module name
> under virtual server and then reference this variable in other parts of
> virtual server config

  I don't see why that's useful.  And the code definitely doesn't support it.