User + Device Authentication to Specific Network

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 10 08:45:50 CEST 2019

On Jun 10, 2019, at 1:20 AM, Duncan X Simpson <virtualdxs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the help! I seem to almost have it working, but I've run into one problem: Attributes don't seem to be expanding. I have the following in my post-auth section for testing:
>
>         update reply {
>                 Unix-FTP-Shell := "%{Calling-Station-Id}"
>         }
>
> Every time, Unix-FTP-Shell is set, but it's set to "":

  Read the *rest* of the debug output.  Is there a Calling-Station-Id in the incoming packet?

> (22)   # Executing section post-auth from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel
> (22)     post-auth {
> (22)       update reply {
> (22)         &Tunnel-Type := VLAN
> (22)         &Tunnel-Medium-Type := IEEE-802
> (22)       } # update reply = noop
> (22)       update reply {
> (22)         EXPAND %{Calling-Station-Id}
> (22)         Unix-FTP-Shell :=
> (22)       } # update reply = noop
>
> I've swapped out Calling-Station-Id for a couple other things to test (Tunnel-Type (which I set about 3 lines up)

  In the reply.  NOT in the request.  See "man unlang" for how to access the different lists.

> and Service-Type (which came in with the request)), both with the same results. Why are these not getting expanded? Is post-auth the wrong place to do this?

  Post the WHOLE debug output, and let someone else explain it.

  But odds are that the Service-Type attribute isn't in the request.  There isn't a lot that can go wrong here.