DHCP metrics

Damon Munhall damon at munhall.net
Thu Jun 13 22:55:51 CEST 2019

This is a high-level question, but my searching hasn't yielded anything
similar, thus far.  Are DHCP metrics generated and accessible, somehow?
Specifically, the number of each type of DHCP packet sent/received, and any
DHCP-related errors generated.

The status module has similar functionality, but only appears to report-on
RADIUS metrics.  I'm interested in, and working with, different DHCP
functionality in the latest 3.x and 4.x (primarily 4.x).

My 'plan-B' would likely involve some logging/log-scraping, but that will
certainly have more performance overhead.

Thanks,
Damon