[EXT] problem with Simultaneous-Use roaming

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Fri Jun 14 17:09:15 CEST 2019

Mustafa Nassir <mustafa.n.gaid at gmail.com> wrote:

> i have problem with 802.1X , i have multi openwrt access point all it work
> with wpa2-enterprise and freeradius server with mysql in other side , in
> freeradius i enable Simultaneous-Use my problem is when my users move from
> first ap to second or to third ap its disconnect and reconnect and in some
> time its take over 10-30 second to reconnect successful . i set ideal
> time-out 1s and life-time 1s . its reconnect faster than first one , but
> its stay disconnect when they move , any idea ?

Probably the APs are not sending an Accounting Stop packet soon enough.
You'll have to do some packet analysis to see how late they are.  It might
be possible to insert a delay in the authentication to wait for the Accounting-Stop
before checking Simultaneous-Use... dunno, I never used this feature for exactly
this reason.