get statistics for sql connection pool

Daniel Finger daniel.finger at ewetel.de
Mon Jun 17 11:39:05 CEST 2019

Hi!

If the radius server is running for about a month, I get messages like "No
connections available and at max connection limit".

Looking at the database, only very few connections are really connected (for
example 2 out of 50), there are no slow queries, not much traffic (maybe one
or two packets per second) and I really don't see a reason for this.
Restarting freeRADIUS immediately fixes the problem.

I suspect I am using a module (I have 2 own modules running) which does not
return a connection to the connection pool under some circumstances.

Is it possible to get statistics about the sql connection pool usage? This
could help me size the number of connections I need and get a hint, if I am
reaching the limit, before I hit it.

Greetings,
Daniel Finger