get statistics for sql connection pool

Daniel Finger daniel.finger at ewetel.de
Tue Jun 18 16:26:58 CEST 2019

Am 17.06.2019 um 21:37 schrieb Alan DeKok:
>> Looking at the database, only very few connections are really connected (for example 2 out of 50), there are no slow queries, not much traffic (maybe one or two packets per second) and I really don't see a reason for this.
>> Restarting freeRADIUS immediately fixes the problem.
>>
>> I suspect I am using a module (I have 2 own modules running) which does not return a connection to the connection pool under some circumstances.
>    Which version are you running?

I am running version 3.0.19

>> Is it possible to get statistics about the sql connection pool usage? This could help me size the number of connections I need and get a hint, if I am reaching the limit, before I hit it.
>    There aren't stats available like that.  The connection pool code will print log messages about how many connections are free / open / used.

Now that you are saying it: I'm not having those messages in my log.
I can see them them, when running with -X in debug mode, but not in my
regular logfile:
rlm_sql (sql_os): Opening additional connection (0), 1 of 90 pending slots used

I will double check that I did not break the source code. There should not
be any changes except my own modules, but I will check and look into it.

Greetings,
Daniel