FREERADIUS - show VLAN in radacct's NAS-PORT-ID column

JAHANZAIB SYED aacable at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 23 12:51:09 CEST 2019

IN A tEST lab, We are using an old box with FreeRADIUS Version 2.2.8 along with Mikrotik routerboard (v6.43.3) as NAS. Vlans are properly configured. users connect via pppoe service. Each Vlan has pppoe server assigned.

in Radacct "nas-port-id" column, how can we show VLAN name or Vlan number instead of just numbers.

currently in radacct we can see this

NAS-PORT-ID column: 1548484
NAS-PORT-ID column: 1529618

at another network I can saw the VLAN names there, like

NAS-PORT-ID column: Vlan11
NAS-PORT-ID column: vlan20

is there any additional config required on freeradius to achieve this ?

Regards,
J.Z
<http:///>