[EXTERNAL] Re: Microsoft ODBC bug

Dom Latter freeradius-users at latter.org
Tue Jun 25 17:20:36 CEST 2019

On 25/06/2019 16:11, Winfield, Alister via Freeradius-Users wrote:
> Last time I saw this kind of behaviour it was down the 'SQL' err
> great decisions on how to assign a type to literals. Normally it can
> use the type of a field in a table to get it right but here.... not
> so much. I suspect the ODBC library might have an API to define what
> that default type is and that is something daft unless otherwise
> told.

If I have understood you correctly:

These are simplified example cases; this first reared its head when
selecting int fields from tables.  By casting the "int" to a "varchar"
I have a work-around but this is not a satisfactory fix.

The other option is I believe using freetds - does anybody have a
comment on the relative merits?