Freeradius crashes with SIGABRT

Adam Majer amajer at suse.de
Thu Mar 7 15:48:42 CET 2019

On 3/6/19 11:17 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
>    Another alternative is to use LLVM.  If you install the LLVM RPM, you can then build FreeRADIUS with some more options.
>
> 1) install LLVM
> 2) grab the 3.0.18 source (or the source from GitHub)
> 3) do: CC=clang ./configure --prefix=/opt/freeradius ... args ...
>
>    I think the name of the compiler on Suse is "clang".  If not, you'll have to find that out

I don't believe clang actually is part of SLES-12. clang is in openSUSE
distributions only.

One could also try using valgrind and with origin tracking, it should
also indicate where the pointer was freed.

   valgrind --track-origins=yes /usr/sbin/radiusd -f -d /etc/raddb

Valgrind is available for SLE-12, and latest valgrind (just 1 RPM) can
also be downloaded from

https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=devel%3Atools&package=valgrind

- Adam