Stop the accounting response

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Fri Mar 8 17:24:25 CET 2019

On Fri, 2019-03-08 at 19:58 +0530, Raghu nathan wrote:
> We have the setup to update the postgreSQL database for START and
> STOP accounting request and its working fine.
>
> I would like to have an option to make freeRADIUS not to send reply
> for any accounting messages but accounting request should get logged
> in Database.

You know how accounting works, right?

A reply sent back to the NAS says "I received this, all is good".

No reply sent back tells the NAS "it didn't get through, send it
again".

So by not responding, the NAS will keep re-sending the packet, *until*
you respond.

> Will it be possible on freeRADIUS 3.0.13?

Likely with do_not_respond. But it's not a good idea.

--
Matthew