When run "show client config ipaddr" in radmin, it says: ERROR: Unknown command "config"

John Erickson johnerickson663 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 06:24:13 CET 2019

> Either (a), no you didn't, or (b) you installed a different version which
no longer has this feature.

The situation is (b). A few days ago, I find that the dynamic client module
doesn't work when the client is defined by files in the
/etc/raddb/dynamic-clients directory, for freeradius 3 on centos 7. Then I
test the module again for freeradius 2 on centos 6. When test on centos 6,
I also try to use radmin, show client list, show client config both work.

After the bug for the dynamic client module has fixed, I try to use radmin
on centos 7.  "show client config" doesn't work this time. I try to test
"show client config" on centos 6 again, but this time I make a mistake that
I create a centos 7 server and thought it was centos 6.  Sorry.

Today I create a true centos 6 server, "show client config" work.

> Yes. I can read the documentation.  Why point this out?
> The server changes over time, and sometimes the documentation is
imperfect.

I read "I'm not sure when it was deleted, or if it existed at all." in your
reply as "I'm really not sure if it existed at all."  So I provide some
evidence to prove it exists.