Help with Freeradius/freeradius-server Docker Container

Matthew Newton mcn at freeradius.org
Tue Mar 12 12:05:29 CET 2019

On Tue, 2019-03-12 at 10:54 +0000, Reuben Fischman wrote:
> > SO that puts a new twist.  I don't have IPv6 enabled on the docker
> > host, and its a default installation of docker so IPv6 shouldn't be
> > enabled.  This container is the default container downloaded form
> > the hub with no changes made.  If IPv6 isn't supported, why is it
> > trying to listen on something that isn't configured?
>
> An update on this issue..  I got the container to start up and have
> been able to test with it.  The issue wasn't to DISABLE IPv6, but
> rather to ENABLE IPv6 on the Docker host.  once I re-enabled IPv6, it
> worked just fine.

OK, thanks.

I've not seen a system without IPv6 for several years. Certainly didn't
check that when building the images.

The whole idea with the Docker images is you provide your own config -
the default one won't be of much use to many people. So this really is
"if you run without IPv6, use a FreeRADIUS config without IPv6".

--
Matthew