FreeRADIUS as accounting relay for syslog

R3DNano r3dnano at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 22:17:29 CET 2019

There are some radius servers on my network that can't send their
accounting information to syslog servers (can't talk to syslog, or
something, don't know the specifics), so I was thinking if it might be
possible to use my FreeRADIUS setup as a relay to do this job.

The idea is that these servers could send me their accounting information
and then use rsyslog to forward the accounting information to another
remote syslog server.
So far, I have been able to send local accounting to the remote syslog
server using rsyslog and a local facility. Is this a good practice? Any
particular tips on how to proceed?

Thanks!