Radacct Reused ?

Oscar oscar at jofre.com
Fri May 3 17:46:59 CEST 2019

Hi Alan,

I do not know whether to laugh or cry :)

Can I share your answer to mikrotik ?

About:

>>  The only real solution here is to *remove* the entry from the accounting table when you get a stop.  But you might *not* get a "stop" packet, so even that solution isn't perfect.

I think it would be the same, instead of remove the radacct row, as we have also a radacctid unique to update acctuniqueid with (acctuniqueid+radacctid) when acctstoptime (stop accounting) comes.
And of course on stale sessions the same, if stop packet doesn't come.

Thanks,