Dynamic Client and TCP/TLS

Karim Benayed benayed at gmail.com
Sat May 11 19:08:22 CEST 2019

Hi,  I am trying to setup Dynamic Client configuration where Redis is used
to retrieve the secret, setup the FreeRADIUS-Client attributes and redirect
for authentication.

The model is working perfectly for UDP with Dynamic Clients and for TCP/TLS
non-dynamic clients.

The moment I enable Dynamic Clients against the TCP/TLS configuration, I
get the following error:

Error: Receive - Error receiving packet.  Transport endpoint is not
connected. This error is followed by Error, Ignoring request ... from
unknown client.

I tried to re-install and out of the box configuration, Used Fedora built
and a 3.0.19 based compiled built against the default configuration and
keys.  The response is unfortunately exactly the same.

Lastly, I tried to connect via openssl s_client host_ip    and via
FreeRadius acting as a proxy.  It is always the same error :(

To reproduce, Please try the default configuration, add tls to
sites-enabled and connect via a radsec client.

I truly appreciate any hints on if anything special is required.

Thanks you,
Karim