No module available to handle lease-query

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed May 15 15:59:59 CEST 2019

On May 15, 2019, at 9:53 AM, Chinnapaiyan, Nagamani <Nagamani.Chinnapaiyan at viasat.com> wrote:

> After adding that line,
>
> Debug :       type = DHCP-Request
> Debug :       type = DHCP-Inform
> Debug :       type = DHCP-Release
> Debug :       type = DHCP-Decline
> Debug :       type = DHCP-Lease-Query
> Error : /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/dhcp[95]: Cannot listen for unsupported 'type = DHCP-Lease-Query'
> Error : /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/dhcp[41]: Failed evaluating configuration for module "proto_dhcpv4"
> Error : /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/dhcp[41]: Failed loading proto module

  I've pushed a fix.

  The only caveat is that there is minimal support for DHCP-Lease-Query.  i.e. it can send and receive packets, but that's it.

  All packet processing, checking, database queries, etc. will have to be done manually.  And the IP pool modules do *not* support lease query by default.

  We're looking into adding that, but it's on our "to do" list right now.