Using something other than MD5 in 3.0.19 - FIPS

Paul Pathiakis pathiaki2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 20:07:01 CEST 2019

Hi,
For the next issue....

I have to use CentOS in FIPS mode which disallows MD5 use.
What do I need to change to either encapsulate it in TLS on the client and server or what should I do to change the configuration to not advertise to CentOS 7 in FIPS mode that MD5 is being used?
My understanding is that RADIUS uses MD5 by specification.  FIPS mode disallows MD5 usage as being too weak.
radiusd -X is up and ready for connections but the basic radtest with user bob generates an MD5 usage error stating that MD5 utlization is not allowed in FIPS mode.