freeradius3 unable authenticate ldap user through mschap

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Nov 6 09:43:31 CET 2019

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 10:16 AM Karunagaran D <karunad at ssn.edu.in> wrote:

> Dear Team,
>
>    I have configured ldap module and successfully authenticate  in radtest,
> but i Unable to authenticate ldap users through mschap
>
> Herewith I am attaching the successful ldap authentication file and
> unsucessful authentication ldap users through mschap
>

> Please help

Your log says

(1) mschap: WARNING: No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create
NT-Password
(1) mschap: WARNING: No Cleartext-Password configured.  Cannot create
LM-Password
(1) mschap: Client is using MS-CHAPv1 with NT-Password
(1) mschap: ERROR: FAILED: No NT/LM-Password.  Cannot perform authentication

Meaning your LDAP server doesn't provide Cleartext-Password,
NT-Password, or LM-password to freeradius.
If you use Active Directory, you can configure ntlm_auth. But if it's
something else, and you don't store user passwords as clear text/NT
hash in ldap, then mschapv2 with ldap won't work. See
http://deployingradius.com/documents/protocols/oracles.html

--
Fajar