ippool and Framed-IP-Address

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmx.com
Tue Nov 26 18:18:10 CET 2019

Dear colleagues,

I didn't find this info in docs, so asking here.

In general, I want to use ippool to assign addresses for connections but
sometimes I need to assign addresses manually from the same pool. The
question is: if I will use Framed-IP-Address in "users" configuration,
how this assignment cab be reflected in ippool's configuration? At the
moment I see that, when using manual assignment, db files left
untouched, while requesting ippool for the address changes db files -
so, probably, ippool isn't aware about Framed-IP-Address in user's
config and can assign it sometimes to someone else? On the other hand,
there is no kind of 'exclude' option in ippool configuration and I can't
exclude addresses which I don't want to be assigned automatically.

Are there ways to combine automatic and manual assignments from single
pool without conflicts?

Thank you.

--
Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison