How to get current datetime in freeradius?

Nathan Ward lists+freeradius at daork.net
Tue Oct 1 14:52:06 CEST 2019

> On 1/10/2019, at 1:35 PM, Christian Strauf <strauf at rz.tu-clausthal.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Houman,
>
>> Is there a way to get the current date and time in
>> /etc/freeradius/3.0/sites-enabled/default?
>> I checked man unlang but couldn't find anything.
> have a look here:
>
> https://wiki.freeradius.org/config/run_time_variables#one-character-variables <https://wiki.freeradius.org/config/run_time_variables#one-character-variables>

You may also want to consider using the Event-Timestamp or some other attribute, rather than the time on the system doing the processing of the packet - so that if there are delays or similar the packet is processed correctly as though there was not any delays.

In this case it probably doesn’t matter, other cases it might, so a good habit to get in to at least considering it.

--
Nathan Ward