802.1x / EAP Assistance

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 31 17:02:13 CET 2019

On Oct 31, 2019, at 11:42 AM, J Kephart <jkephart at safetynetaccess.com> wrote:
> Yes, we are using an SQL database (MySQL), and no, we have not renamed the module.

  Then it should find "sql" in the "modules" section.

  So don't just post "it's fine".  FIND OUT why it's broken.  You have the files on disk in your local system.  LOOK there.  It's not hard.  READ them.

  Or, post the FULL DEBUG OUTPUT so that we can read it.  This is suggested in the FAQ, web pages, "man" pages, and daily on this list.

>>   This shouldn't be difficult.  Take a careful step-by-step approach, and *understand* what you're doing.  Blindly doing random things isn't helpful.
>
> We're not trying to do things blindly, but it seems that, as in the "default" section, this should have been as simple as simply uncommenting the "sql" line.  As we've never used the inner-tunnel feature, if there is something else that needs to be done, we're not aware of it, and we haven't seen anything special in the docs.  We *are* trying to be very careful and methodical, and this is the only change we've made to the server's configuration.

  It's important for you to *understand* the system you're administering.  This means taking a look at it yourself, instead of just posting things to the list going "I did what you said and it didn't work.  What next?"

  Well, what's next is for you to do some IT system administration and root thru the config files and read the debug output.