Freeradius 3.0 and realms

Anthony Stuckey anthonystuckey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 18:56:21 CEST 2020

Is there good documentation of the changes made to realms between
freeradius 2 and freeradius 3?

We're trying to get windows machine login to work, and we're having the
same problem as before.  Once the machine is joined to the domain, Windows
appends the domain to the machine name.  We need to strip the domain off to
find the proper identity.

In freeredius 2, I was able to define a realm which did that, but that
format no longer works for freeradius 3, and there seems to be no useful
breadcrumb for how to create the new style realm.