conflicting packet

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 20 14:44:04 CEST 2020

On Apr 20, 2020, at 8:34 AM, Bassem Mettichi <mettichi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Alan,
> thanks a lot for your response, for me it is very important to get
> Calling-Station-Id and Acct-Status-Type on this situation
> because we have developed an external probe to monitor conflicting packets
> and delete them from database to avoid MSISDN inversion on authentication,

  That just doesn't make sense.  It also means you're not reading my response.

  The "conflicting packet" message has NOTHING TO DO WITH SESSIONS IN THE DATABASE.

  It's that simple.

  The cause of the "conflicting packet" message is that that your database is slow, and is not responding to FreeRADIUS.

  The "conflicting packet" messages is produced before ANYTHING is checked in the database.  FreeRADIUS hasn't even looked at the Calling-Station-ID field yet.

> that is why i need to get these attributes, as i have explained for detail
> module i get these attributes no issue, but when itis queued i don't get
> these two attributes. Is there any other file rather than process.c to get
> these informations?

  What you want to do is wrong.  Don't do it.  It won't help.

  If you have stale sessions in the database, you can check and clear them with normal database queries.

  You can make the "conflicting packet" message go away be making sure your database is FASTER.  The contents of the database don't matter.

  You are going down entirely the wrong path here.  Poking the source code to get Calling-Station-Id from "conflicting packets" will NOT help with any database issue.

  Stop wasting your time.  Go fix the database, not FreeRADIUS.