Exec module questions, v4

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Aug 4 14:19:29 CEST 2020

On Aug 4, 2020, at 6:15 AM, FRANKS, Andy (SHREWSBURY AND TELFORD HOSPITAL NHS TRUST) via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
>  Thanks for the update to the program last week, just testing here.
> It seems to be taking the return code (when available) as multiple of 256 of the actual exit code, unless 0 now:

  OK.  I've pushed a fix.

> Another kqueue issue?
>
> I did try libkqueue 2.4.0 , compiled from the github repo, but I guess it's in test, as it never exits, then freeradius crashes.. just in case of interest, please ignore if not;

  An assert is not a crash.  It's a positive signal that the server caught something wrong, and died rather than running in an unknown state.

> (0)    ERROR: Timeout running program - killing it and failing the request
> (0)    Running request
> (0)    tmpl - Resuming execution
> ASSERT FAILED src/lib/unlang/tmpl.c[316]: state->pid > 0

  I've pushed a fix for that, too.

  But to be honest, you really shouldn't be running a long-lived radclient program from `exec`.  See raddb/mods-available/radius.  The server supports sending RADIUS packets natively, as with v3.