Accounting-Packets from Huawei NAS randomly not being written to the database

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Aug 7 14:33:00 CEST 2020

On Aug 7, 2020, at 8:26 AM, Antônio Modesto <modesto at hubsoft.com.br> wrote:

> I have some radius servers configured to use decoupled-accounting to avoid overwhelming the database with real-time writes.

  Databases should be able to keep up, with some DB tweaking. But decoupled-accounting does make it simpler.

> In all of them I am having the same problem. Some accounting packets sent from Huawei devices are not being written to the database. I have set up a second detail log file to check if the packets were being sent by the NAS. For example:

  Look at the debug output to see why.  Look at the logic you have around using the SQL module.

> As you can see, neither acctlocalupdatetime or acctstoptime were updated with the correct timestamps from the packet received by the NAS. I checked the logs and I couldn’t find any error message related to this. As the server is in production, enabling the debug creates a lot of output.

  You can set up a test server, and use "radclient".  Take a copy of the detail file entry, and use radclient to send it to the test server.

> The only thing I think could be causing this is this condition I have in my accounting section:
>
> if (noop) {
> 	ok
> }

  That doesn't say "skip writing to the SQL module"

> What do you guys suggest?

  Set up a test server and run it in debug mode.