3.0.21 consistency check failed

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 24 13:27:27 CEST 2020

On Aug 24, 2020, at 4:31 AM, adrian.p.smith at bt.com wrote:

> We have recently attempted to upgrade from 3.0.15 to 3.0.21 but are seeing very frequent crashes. Config unchanged from 3.0.15.

  Are you running custom modules?

> CONSISTENCY CHECK FAILED src/lib/cursor.c[219]: VALUE_PAIR "BTOpenzone-Roaming-Direction" length 42696464 is greater than char buffer length 7

  That's bad.

  As background, we have some additional sanity checks we run on developer builds.  These checks verify that the internal data structures are OK.  The checks slow down the server substantially, but they are enormously useful for debugging.

  If the checks fail, then something is going seriously wrong.  Even worse, if you have many such errors spread all over the server, then *everything* is wrong.

  My guess is that you built 3.0.21 on a system which already had FreeRADIUS installed.  Maybe the headers got confused, as some data structures have changed.

  Build 3.0.21 on a clean system, or use the packages at http://packages.networkradius.com

  That release works in production without any of those errors.