reject request in post-proxy

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Wed Aug 26 16:39:04 CEST 2020

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 9:25 PM Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2020, at 10:23 PM, Matt Zagrabelny via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> > I don't get the ERROR, but I also don't get rejected:
>
>   You'll have to do a little more digging then.  Maybe also use 3.0.21, instead of 3.0.17

Thanks for the help, Alan.

3.0.21 behaves the same. However, I was under the (wrong) impression
that I needed to put my business logic in post-proxy since I was
proxying all authentication requests - that is, I was no longer
performing any local auth.

But, it seems I can put the business logic of rejecting users in
post-auth and that will work with the proxying.

I'm not sure if the limitations of not being able to "reject" in
post-proxy is worth putting in a feature request or not.

Thanks again for the help and FreeRADIUS, too. It is all very appreciated.

-m