Including vendor dictionary in config

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Aug 31 21:38:20 CEST 2020

On Aug 31, 2020, at 3:31 PM, Oleg Olejek <oleg.olejek at gmail.com> wrote:

> I found my mistake, Sorry for disturbing You. All dict includes should be
> set up in dictionary file in raddb directory. But documentation says that
> it can also be pointed in radiusd.conf file.

  No it doesn't.  The examples in radiusd.conf says that you can tell the server where the dictionaries are.  And, the server will automatically load them.  The default configuration works.  All of the documentation says this.  The documentation says you install the server, and it works.

  The documentation does NOT say that the server is broken in the default configuration.  The documentation does NOT say that you need to edit radiusd.conf to $INCLUDE the dictionaries into the main configuration.

  You were told on GitHub that you had edited the default configuration and broken it.  The solution *should* be to remove the broken edits.

  Further, the documentation Jorge pointed you to said DON'T post the default configuration files to the list.  You still did that.

  We highly recommend *reading* the documentation, and *following* the instructions you find there.  Doing so will save you much time and effort.