Radius authorization

Bidisha Mandal bidisham at cdot.in
Wed Dec 2 05:39:42 CET 2020

Hi,

How to setup Radius for authorization of a client?

I'm new to FreeRadius and I'm able to authenticate the client for SSH but where do I need to configure authorization assigned to a user .

In /etc/freeradius/3.0/users file I have added a user admincdot as follows -

admincdot Cleartext-Password := "123que"
          Reply-Message := "Hello, %{User-Name}",
          Session-Timeout := "10"

Now  I want to authorize this user to perform some certain task or may be a list o command that this user is authorize to perform.  Even this Session-Timeout := "10" is not working. As I have read Radius can do this authorization stuff but don't know where to configure this.

Let me know if there is any way.

Thanks & regards,

Bidisha Mandal
Research Engineer