iOS doesn't trust server certificate signed by intermediate issuer

Alan Buxey alan.buxey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:42:41 CET 2020

Hi

So long as ios has the ca and intermediate then it can trust  your server
cert.  If it doesn't have the intermediate but has the root CA,  then you
can send intermediate along with the server cert.

However,  for trust,  you need to ensure that ios knows to trust that
server.  Hence it asks you about things... fingerprint etc

To avoid this,  and best practice  is to configure the ios device with a
network profile. Usually done with eg MDM software

alan