[EXT] Re: warning? about attr_filter for default Debian configs

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Thu Dec 10 21:41:29 CET 2020

Matt Zagrabelny via Freeradius-Users <freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org> wrote:
> Thanks again for the dialog - it really does help me (us) understand the
> software better.

In way of explanation, I'm going to go out on a limb and make an educated guess that
there's a generic mechanism warning about the use of internally used attributes
in the filter module, as those attributes have no representation on the wire, and
that there turned out to be a use case for internally handling Access-Reject packets
(it would seem these are timing parameters, so something to do with DoS/flood protection
or a keepalive mechanism.)  This ended up passing these attributes through
the attribute filter module, so they were exempted as a quick fix rather than
specially handling the internally handled packets.