proxy results in linelog

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Tue Dec 15 00:31:21 CET 2020

On Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 3:43 PM Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

>   If the linelog configuration only looks at the reply for Packet-Type,
> then it will only print out messages for that.  If you want it to look at
> the proxied packets, then you have to tell it to look at the proxied
> packets.

Okay. I understand more. Thank you for the explanation. For anyone (like
me!) in the future who might benefit, here are my configs:

in mods-available/linelog...

    reference = "messages.%{%{proxy-reply:Packet-Type}:-default}"
    messages {
        Access-Accept = "%S Accepted User: [%{%{User-Name}:-User-Name not
set}] via client [%{%{Called-Station-Id}:-Called-Station-Id not set}] from
user station [%{%{Calling-Station-Id}:-Calling-Station-Id not set}]"
        Access-Reject = "%S Rejected User: [%{%{User-Name}:-User-Name not
set}] via client [%{%{Called-Station-Id}:-Called-Station-Id not set}] from
user station [%{%{Calling-Station-Id}:-Calling-Station-Id not set}]"
    }

and add

linelog

to post-proxy section in sites-available/default

One last question...

Where do I look in the docs to find out what the "home server" is? That is,
how to use xlat to add it to my log message configuration?

Thank you!

-m